Taiwan CDC, relating to your use of the service “Taiwan Social Distancing APP” (hereinafter “the Service”), hereby notifies you of the following items according to Articles 8 of the Personal Data Protection Act:
Government agency to collect persona data: Taiwan Centers for Disease Control (hereinafter “Taiwan CDC”), the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Republic of China (Taiwan)
Purpose of collection:
Your personal data is collected for the following purposes: providing users with the Service to exchange Bluetooth identification code with contacts, and compare it with the list of Diagnosed’s Bluetooth identification code in the cloud.
The types of personal data to be collected by the Service include the following:
- personally identifiable information: e.g. Bluetooth identification code.
Time period of using personal data:
The Service may commence using your personal data when you click “Agree” and use the Service, until any of the following occurs (whichever occurs later):
- where the user has not used the Service for two years; or
- where the time period for retaining personal data by Taiwan CDC required under related laws and regulations or based on investigations conducted by the government lapses
Under Article 3 of the Personal Data Protection Act, you may, prior to the end of the time period, exercise the following rights with regard to (1)any inquiry and request for a review of your personal information;(2)any request to make duplications of your personal information;(3)any request to supplement or correct your personal information;(4)any request to discontinue collection, processing, or use of your personal information; and(5)any request to delete your personal information. You may call the toll-free Communicable Disease Reporting and Consultation Hotline, 1922 to exercise the above-mentioned rights. However, where you submit a request to supplement, correct or delete your personal data, Taiwan CDC reserves the right to refuse the request or to accept the same pursuant to laws and regulations or as necessity, accuracy, and legitimacy pertaining to the said request requires.
Region of using of personal data
Within the Republic of China (Taiwan), including the island of Taiwan and the archipelagoes of Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu.
Entities to use personal data
Participating personnel necessary for offering the Service to users, including service providers entrusted by Taiwan CDC to collect and use the user’s personal data.
Sharing personal data to third parties:
The Service will never provide, exchange, rent or sell any personal data of any users to other groups, entities or individuals, unless it is provided under laws or special circumstances necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for the collection of your personal data occur. These circumstances include:
- where personal data is provided to prevent harm on life, body, freedom, or property of the data subject;
- where personal data is provided for collaboration with a public agency or academic research institution and necessary for statistics gathering or academic research by a government agency or an academic institution for public interests, provided that such data, as processed by the data provider or as disclosed by the data collector, may not lead to the identification of a specific data subject;
- where your acts on the Service are in violation of the Statement or may harm or hinder the rights of the Service or other users or cause damage to any individuals; and the Service concludes after study and analysis that disclosure of your personal data is necessary to identify, contact or take legal action;
- where providing personal data is conducive to the user’s rights and interests;
- where the Service entrusts the service provider to assist in collecting, processing or utilizing your personal data; it will be responsible for the supervision and management of the service provider or individual.
Ways to use personal data:
- connect to the system of the Service to perform the designated action based on the operational function given by the user;
- run data analysis on the server to optimize the Service and provide customized information and services.
Protecting personal data:
When processing the user’s personal data, the Service will abide by related regulations for related processes and internal operations and conduct the management of necessary personnel in accordance with requirements of information security.
The user may provide or withhold your personal information from the Service, and your benefits and rights will not be affected.
You may choose to provide or withhold your personal information from the Service; however, Taiwan Social Distancing APP may fail to provide related services to you as you required if you choose to withhold or provide incorrect personal data.